We will be discussing not only the benefits of self care for our teens but also how they can consistently and regularly practice on their own.
As parents we know this age is a difficult time,
here are a few tips when checking in on your teen:
* Ask where and how they feel the happiest/most comfortable/most at ease
* Ask about the parts of their lives that cause stress or energy drain
* Emphasize that self-care doesn’t have to cost money or look like it does in the magazines or on social media
* Make family check-ins normal.
* Support your teen in developing and committing to routines for self-care
Adoptive youth ages 11 – 15 years are invited to join us for the next meeting:
Thursday, February 15th
6pm – 7:30pm
This is a drop-off group with dinner being provided.
RSVPs are required. Please respond to this communication with
the child’s name, age and your contact phone number.
If you need further information, please feel free to call us at the Center 813.651.3150.