Join Our Team!
The Sylvia Thomas Center for Adoptive and Foster Families was established as a 501(c)(3) organization in 2000 to offer foster and adoptive families a safe place to seek the support and skills they need for their families to grow and thrive. Our goal is to keep the “forever” in Forever Families across Hillsborough County. Each year, the center provides support to pre- and post-adoptive families through comprehensive case management, in-home family counseling, information and referral, advocacy, support groups, and education. All services provided are:
- Free of charge to families served
Adoption Support Counselor/Case Manager
The Sylvia Thomas Center for Adoptive and Foster Families is currently seeking an Adoption Support Counselor/Case Manager to provide supportive services to families along their adoption journey. Successful candidate should be prepared to:
- Provide case management services (inclusive of screening, assessment, management, and advocacy) to post-adoptive families. This includes conducting home visits and participating in team meetings in the community (e.g., school, treatment providers, etc.).
- Assist with planning and implementing of various support group and respite activities for children/youth ages 5-18.
- Coordinate efforts with participating community partners to provide a continuum of care to adoptive families.
- Participate in adoption-related committees with the lead agency and in the community.
- Maintain all file documentation and reports as required by supervisor and funders.
- Assist with fundraising activities/events and community outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or behavioral healthcare (related degree with professional experience may be substituted).
- Experience with adoption and child welfare.
- Preference is for a case manager who is trauma-focused and adoption-competent, but able to provide/arrange training if necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of Florida’s child welfare system is a plus.
Salary: $42,000 annually
All interested applicants should send letter of interest and current resume to Mary Ann Kershaw, CEO, at email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the job listing can also be directed to Mary Ann Kershaw.